The University seeks to employ experienced and qualified personnel as Book Centre Manager who will be responsible for managing the Book Shop, Computer Shop, coordinate printing and distribution of course materials in meeting the needs of the Faculty, departments, and students enrolled at various campuses in the Pacific Region.
The appointee will plan, organise and manage the operations of the Book Centre and the duties include but are not limited to : Determination of computers and related products, trade and text books, and other merchandise for resale, setting of pricing policies, scheduling of staff duties, managing inventory control, training and supervision of staff, oversee return of textbooks, develop and implement operating policies and procedures, prepare and manage the annual budget, provide timely monthly financial reporting, initiates advertising and marketing of Book Centre products, manage regular updating of the Book Centre’s website, creating and maintaining appropriate Book Centre image, and the use of sophisticated computerised system for inventory control and financial management system.
The Person We Seek
To be considered for this position, applicants must have:
- Masters’ degree in Business Administration, or a related field plus 8 years relevant experience, or Bachelor’s degree, plus 10 to 15 years’ relevant experience;
- At least 4 years of supervisory experience in retail business;
- Demonstrated senior management experience in the financial (including those of budgeting and accounting) and general management;
- Marketing of a successful retail environment, demonstrated experience in negotiating with supplier;
- Understanding and awareness of the publishing industry, and
- Knowledge and experience in business planning and utilising information technology.
Preference will be given to applicants with: At least 1 year supervisory experience at a University Book Store or retail Book store.
The position is available for a term of 3 years and may be renewed by mutual agreement.
Salary Range: Band 4 FJ $81, 145 to FJ $93, 629 per annum (Inclusive of 15% Gratuity)
Enquiries: Mr. Sairusi Ratulomai; tel.: (679) 32 32046; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 20 January 2017
How to Apply
Candidates are strongly encouraged to use the University’s online E-Recruitment system to view full details and apply for this position at www.usprecruits.usp.ac.fj Candidates may request further information from the Human Resources Office; tel.: (679) 32 32072; email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org Manual applications are no longer accepted.
Please also include the following documents in your application: Cover letter and Resume clearly addressing key Selection Criteria, academic transcript and names of three referees, one of which must be your current or most recent direct work supervisor.