The University of the South Pacific is one of only three regional universities in the world. We are the leading tertiary education provider and research facility in the South Pacific. The USP recognises the importance of research leadership and therefore provides incentives to encourage research and publications output through a visionary strategic plan.
We are seeking to appoint a professional to the position of Manager - Accounts Receivable who will be responsible for the Accounts Receivable Unit and Student Services Function. The successful applicant will ensure the effective operation of the Accounts Receivable unit and will report to the Senior Manager Financial Operations – Financial Operations. She/he will provide effective leadership, management and strategic direction for the Accounts receivable Unit; support the Senior Manager Financial Operations on all aspects of strategic planning, risk management and operational management; develop a clear understanding of the needs of the University’s business so as to ensure that the services provided by the Department are professional, efficient, customer- focused and relevant; plan, co-ordinate and oversee the management and development of the University’s revenue collection systems and ensuring an effective revenue collection strategy is in place and implemented; and providing an efficient level of support and services to students.
To be considered for this position, applicants must have:
- Postgraduate qualification or progress towards postgraduate qualification in Accounting with extensive years of experience in Accounting and Financial services role OR; a Degree in Accounting and Finance with 10 years of experience in Financial Services and Accounting role.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Strong staff mentoring, appraisal and development skills;
- Experience in monitoring work performance;
- Pro-active and strong interpersonal and analytical skills;
- A strong commitment to effective financial control;
- Self-motivated and well organised;
- Able to work independently and part of a team & adhere to strict deadlines;
- Knowledge of excel, word & experience with computerised accounting systems.
Preference will be given to applicants with:
- Membership in a professional accounting body is desirable but not essential;
- Experience in the core accounting area in a tertiary teaching environment;
- Experience in handling student support or student finance.