To support StudyPortals‘ global expansion we are significantly expanding our development team.
Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands · Engineering
To support StudyPortals‘ (https://www.studyportals.com/about/) global expansion we are significantly expanding our development team. The team currently consists of Front- and Back-End Developers as well as UX Designers, split over four scrum teams. The technology powering StudyPortals’ platform is based on object-oriented PHP7; virtually all of our systems have been developed in-house. We are currently transitioning into a service-oriented architecture, powered by our own RESTful API. In parallel we are scaling our infrastructure out into AWS in order to get maximum benefit out of the large variety of infrastructure-as-a-service approaches currently offered. As Back-End Developer you will play an important role in further developing and rolling out our RESTful API, which will be at the base of all our current and future products. Your responsibilities range from working on the core of our systems all the way up to producing proof-of-concept web applications. The Front-End Developers will help you to turn your proof-of-concept applications into true “online experiences”. In one sentence, your main purpose is to design & implement functional web interfaces and the full structure behind it. You will work in a multidisciplinary scrum team of about five people, taking input from our graphic designers, UX Designers and our Student- and University Value teams in order to realize the best implementations possible. In order to measure our effectiveness we are currently focusing very hard on our continuous deployment process. Tempted? Get some insight into our company culture by checking out our photos/videos/posts here (https://www.facebook.com/studyportalscareers/)
- At least a Bachelor’s degree, typically in Computer Science or a related field;
- Apart from a proven track-record in creating advanced PHP5 applications, you have some background in stricter, object-oriented, languages such as C# or Java;
- You know your way around a MySQL database and its InnoDB storage-engine;
- The ability to write valid, semantically correct, HTML7 and CSS3;
- You understand what it takes to build scalable web applications and realise this means your skills should not be limited to writing good code;
- You are comfortable with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders as part of your day-to-day work;
- Fluency in English, both oral and written, and excellent communication skills;
- Ambition, energetic and an entrepreneurial drive, you can work well independently but definitely also in a team and you are fun to work with.
- A fulltime, 40 hours/week, position;
- Competitive salary including a bonus scheme;
- Employee referral bonuses; just an extra chance to work with friends (and earn some extra cash!).
- A +/- 1000 EUR annual personal development budget, because personal growth is KEY!
- An attractive collective insurance package with IAK, covering public and private insurances from healthcare and home insurance to car and liability insurances!
- Reimbursement of your work-related travel costs
- Informal, entrepreneurial, international and flexible atmosphere where self-initiative is highly appreciated;
- Our office is in the centre of Eindhoven (Strijp-S), five minutes from the central station;
- Interesting extras such as a laptop of your choice;
- The opportunity to revolutionize the worldwide study-choice market.
Apply for this job via the ‘Apply’ button.
No recruitment agencies please.
Keywords: Job Vacancy, full-time, Eindhoven, C#, Java, MySQL, HTML7, CSS3.